Cyber Essentials – Step 4 Explained
Protection is required against computer viruses, spyware and other unauthorised or malicious (malware) software.
What does this mean…?
More than 50% of all cyber-attacks target small and medium-sized organisations.
Malware infection is often caused by users who open an affected email or attachment, browse a compromised website.
Therefore, it is important that computers are equipped with dedicated software that will monitor, detect and disable malware.
What can we do to help reduce this risk…?
- Install malware protection software on all computers that are connected to or capable of connecting to the Internet.
- Keep malware protection software up to date.
- Ensure that malware protection software is configured to scan files and web pages automatically when accessed.
- Configure malware protection software to perform regular scans of all files on a regular basis (e.g. daily).
- Ensure malware protection software performs website blacklisting.
For further help or advise on Cyber Essentials, please get in touch.