Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus
Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus are great first steps towards making your systems more secure – they are designed to be a baseline for cyber security and are generally considered to be good housekeeping.
The scheme is UK Government-backed and suitable for organisations of all sizes. It helps demonstrate your adherence to a basic set of information security controls.
Cyber Essentials, or Cyber Essentials Plus?
The first step towards making your systems more secure - especially if you're at the start of your cyber security journey or have limited funds available.
Cyber Essentials consists of a simple self-assessment that allows you to demonstrate you are taking the appropriate measures to protect your systems, data and networks.
It is not a prerequisite for Cyber Essentials Plus, but many businesses still choose to achieve their Cyber Essentials certification before moving on to Cyber Essentials Plus.
How does it work?
Cyber Essentials Plus
The next step up from the Government’s important entry level Cyber Essentials scheme, required of any supplier to Ministry of Defence and increasingly of those undertaking work for government departments, local authorities and large companies and organisations.
Cyber Essentials Plus is a great way of demonstrating that you take cyber security seriously, because it is verified by a 3rd party (unlike Cyber Essentials, which is a self-assessment).
How does it work?
- We will guide you through the questionnaire, providing support wherever needed.
- This will highlight any gaps in your current systems, which we can support you in resolving.
- Once gaps are closed and the questionnaire is completed, we will carry out an on-site technical verification to ensure you have met the requirements of the scheme.
- We will perform internal and external vulnerability scans to ensure and demonstrate that the final requirements have been met.
- We will prepare a report of our findings for you and the accreditation body, and arrange for the Cyber Essentials Plus certificate to be issued.
What are the benefits?
Need Cyber Essentials or Cyber Essentials Plus?
We can help.
Securious is the South West's leading cyber security company and we have been helping businesses achieve their Cyber Essentials certification since 2015, so we know how to make the process painless.
Our team of industry experts will provide you with as much guidance as you require to achieve accreditation.
Contact us to day for a no-obligation discussion around how we can help you become more secure.
Want to find out more?
Drop us a line today for a no-obligation discussion around how you can become more secure.