Government-backed accreditation for all
Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus are great first steps towards making your systems more secure. The certifications are supported by the National Cyber Security Centre, recommended by the ICO and accredited through IASME.
We've been helping businesses achieve their Cyber Essentials certification since 2015, so we know how to make the process painless. The scheme is UK Government-backed and suitable for organisations of all sizes,
What is Cyber Essentials?
- The first step towards making your systems more secure - especially if you're at the start of your cyber security journey or have limited funds available.
- Cyber Essentials consists of a simple online self-assessment that allows you to demonstrate you are taking the appropriate measures to protect your systems, data and networks.
- It is not a prerequisite for Cyber Essentials Plus, but many businesses still choose to achieve their Cyber Essentials certification before moving on to Cyber Essentials Plus.
How is Cyber Essentials Plus Different?
- It covers the same controls as Cyber Essentials, only with Plus, a third party (like us) verifies that the responses on the self-questionnaire are correct. This means it has considerably more credibility with third parties, which is why it’s increasingly required of any supplier to the Ministry of Defence, and encouraged for those working with government departments, local authorities and large organisations.
How do Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus work?
For Cyber Essentials
The assessment targets your organisation's internet-facing infrastructure, workstations and servers, in order to ensure your current software meets the necessary security standards.
- You will need to answer a simple online self-assessment questionnaire (we’ll provide support where needed), which will highlight any gaps in your current systems. These should be sorted before submission.
- Your responses will be reviewed to ensure that you meet the requirements, and we will come back to you if we believe further clarification is required.
- Once the questionnaire has been successfully reviewed, your Cyber Essentials certificate & badge will be issued.
For Cyber Essentials Plus
You’ll go through the same process, filling in the questionnaire and fixing issues prior to submission.
- Once gaps are closed and the questionnaire is completed, we will carry out an on-site technical verification to ensure you have met the requirements of the scheme.
- We will perform an external vulnerability scan to ensure and demonstrate that the final requirements have been met.
- We will prepare a report of our findings for you and arrange for the Cyber Essentials Plus certificate and badge to be issued.
Cyber Essentials £295 (+ vat)
Cyber Essentials Plus from £1,620 (+ vat)
(subject to terms and conditions)